Michael Mariolis is a leading practitioner in information technology infrastructure and enterprise architecture for Strategy&, PwC's strategy consulting business. Based in our Florham Park office, he is a Principal with Pwc US. He leads the firm’s IT Infrastructure offering as part of the Digital Business and Technology (DBT) team.
He is a recognized expert in information technology infrastructure and enterprise architecture, specializing in IT strategy, operating model design and large scale transformational projects that reduce costs and increase capabilities.
Some of Mike’s recent client assignments include:
- Leading custodial institution: Part of leadership team driving substantial IT run rate savings, a strategy that was presented and approved by the Board of Directors.
- Large financial institution: Led an IT transformation strategy project leveraging infrastructure expertise to drive the development of the corporate architecture end-state vision, including large internal cloud environment fundamentally transforming IT operations, leading to significant run rate savings.
- Large financial services firm: Led a project developing future state IT operating model across an IT organization, including Infrastructure, AMD, IT Management and Governance, architecture, security and risk/compliance functions. Developed post outsourcing retained functions, costs, and retained staff levels and roles across the organization.
- Leading global financial services information firm: Led a business impact analysis across the organization providing transparency and direct alignment of the firm’s full 10K revenue, business strategy, applications and infrastructure. Fundamentally changing IT investment priorities across the organization and informing future state reference architecture.
- Large cross industry purchasing consortium: Led the development of a business strategy to stand up a Cloud Services offering for a 60 company consortium. Successfully negotiated below market volume discounts for 400,000+ potential users with leading cloud vendor.
- Leading global financial services information firm: Led an engagement to stand up an enterprise architecture organization across multiple discrete segments, business models and IT organizations.
In addition to his client work, Mike has also written about IT infrastructure, publishing "Fit-for-purpose" infrastructure strategy.
Mike joined the firm in 2008 as a Senior Associate. Before that, he held positions at BT Global Services, Bear Stearns, CYIOS Corporation and an officer in the U.S. Merchant Marines. He earned his BS in Business Administration from Northeastern University and his MBA from Binghamton University (SUNY).