Martha Turner is a New-York based Principal with Strategy& aligned with the Operations practice.
During her 15 year tenure with the firm, she has worked across a variety of industries to deliver cost reductions, increase operational efficiency, and improve supply chain performance – with specific focus on serving Consumer and Retail clients. Martha has developed deep expertise in strategic supply management and led numerous major transformational engagements and developed sustaining client sourcing capabilities. She is a thought leader in developing cutting edge offerings such as ‘Fair Return’ cost-based sourcing, Marketing and Green Sourcing.
Martha is a core member of the firm’s Fit for Growth* team and co-leads the NA strategy supply management offering and team. She has held numerous institutional roles and currently serves as NA People Partner and a member of the firm’s NA Management Team. Martha is the recipient of the firm’s prestigious Professional Excellence Award given in recognition of outstanding and innovative client service.
Prior to joining Strategy&, Martha was a research engineer in the Guidance & Control Branch of NASA’s Langley Research Center and worked at the Charles Stark Draper Laboratory. She currently serves on the board of the Rogosin Institute, an independent not-for-profit treatment and research center.
She received her MBA from the Darden Graduate School of Business Administration at the University of Virginia. Martha also holds a Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering from The Catholic University of America and earned a Masters of Science in Mechanical Engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology as a Draper Fellow.
Sample of recent publications/conferences:
- "Off the table, into the pocket: Capturing procurement savings" (Strategy&, 2011)
- Sourcing Reloaded: Targeting Procurement’s New Strategic Agenda (Strategy& - strategy+business books, 2008)
- "Start with Sourcing: Procurement Lies At The Heart Of A Successful Green Strategy" (Strategy& - strategy+business magazine, Summer 2008)
- "How Big Is Your Carbon Footprint?: Before You Can Build an Energy-Efficient Supply Chain, You Need to Understand Your Company’s Carbon Emissions" (Supply Chain Quarterly, 2008)
- "Not Just Effective but Efficient: A New Blueprint for Marketing in an Era of Fragmented Media" (Strategy&, 2007)
- Chairman, eyeforprocurement Green Sourcing Summit (2007 & 2008)
- Presenter, Carbon Footprint Consumer Products Summit (2008)
- Guest Lecturer, UVA Darden Second Year Emerging Topics Elective (2009)
* Fit for Growth is a registered service mark of PwC Strategy& LLC in the United States.