Mark Uffhausen is an advisor to executives in the oil, gas, and utilities industries for Strategy&, PwC’s strategy consulting group. Based in Houston, and part of the Operations team, he is a principal with PwC U.S. Working at the intersection of Operations and Energy, Chemicals and Utilities, (EC&U), Mark has considerable expertise in sourcing, supply management and Fit for Growth* — Strategy&’s proven way forward for companies to cut costs and grow stronger.
Some of Mark’s recent client assignments include:
- Assisting an upstream independent oil/gas developer to enhance its well delivery programs through the development of a program management capability
- Working with a large utility to build a contract management capability to complement a strategic sourcing function
- Helping a utility restructure its supply chain function and build a category management capability to enhance value capture across the supply base
- Working with a large vertically integrated oil/gas company to optimize its global materials management capabilities across the value chain
Well-regarded for his thought leadership, Mark has developed significant intellectual capital in the areas of contract management, supply chain operating model design, materials management, and best-in-class well delivery planning models for the oil and gas industry.
Mark joined the firm as a Senior Associate in 2005. Prior to that, he worked at PA Consulting (formerly Hagler Bailly).
Mark holds a BA in Political Science from the University of Western Ontario, an MA in Political Science from the University of Saskatchewan, and an MBA from Tulane University.
* Fit for Growth is a registered service mark of PwC Strategy& LLC in the United States.