Marijn Struben is a Partner based in Amsterdam. He is a member of Strategy&’s European Financial Services practice and one of the leading experts in the area of retail banking. His expertise covers the consumer, mass-affluent, and SME banking industry as well as the insurance sector. Marijn has a strong functional focus on Strategy&’s Fit for Growth* platform, which is strengthened by his deep expertise and experience in strategy-based transformation, growth strategies, end-to-end process redesign, organizational design, and efficiency improvement.
Marijn has led or contributed to numerous projects for the firm for a wide variety of clients, including the following recent assignments:
- Developed a vision on the retail bank (and branch) of the future
- End-to-end redesign, virtualisation and digitization (STP) of core retail banking and insurance processes
- Consumer finance growth strategy for a Dutch retail bank
- Developed a vision on the future of corporate/SME lending from a product, proposition and regulatory perspective
- Large-scale cost transformation program for a leading European retail bank
Marijn joined Strategy& in Amsterdam as a consultant in 2003. He has an MSc in International Business Studies and a propaedeutic degree in Dutch law, both from the Maastricht University in the Netherlands. In 2006/2007 he took a leave of absence to work for a micro-finance institution in Uganda.
* Fit for Growth is a registered service mark of PwC Strategy& LLC in the United States.