Marian H. Mueller is a Principal in Strategy&’s Florham Park, NJ office and a member of the firm’s Engineered Products and Services practice acting as its Chief Marketing Officer. He leads the North American Industrials subsector.
Marian serves industrial and automotive clients as well as associated financial investors with developing and executing major strategy and transformation agendas focused on organic and acquisitive growth.
His relevant areas of expertise include:
- Organic growth, especially related to geographic expansion, product revenue and margin management, channel management and asset financing functions
- Acquisitive growth, from target identification via due diligence to post-merger integration
- Capability driven strategy
- Organizational design to enable growth
- Translation of business needs into IT system requirements
- Emerging markets growth
- Asset (automotive) finance
Marian co-authored the strategy+business article “The Top 10 M&A Fallacies and Self-Deceptions,” and Strategy&’s “2013 Industrials Industry Perspective”.
Prior to joining Strategy&’s Frankfurt office, Marian worked at the International Bank of Southern Africa Ltd. in Johannesburg and at ITT Automotive Europe in Frankfurt.
He holds an MBA in Finance and Management from Columbia Business School, where he was elected to the Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society and a combined diploma in mechanical engineering and business administration (“Diplom-Wirtschaftsingenieur”) from the Technical University of Darmstadt, Germany.