Dr. Marcus Eul is a leading practitioner in IT and Digital transformation for Strategy&, PwC’s strategy consulting business. He is Managing Director at Strategy& Germany, based in Düsseldorf and has over 15 years of strategy consulting and industry experience serving clients in Europe, North America, and the Middle East. As a member of our Digital and Technology Strategy practice, he focuses on utility, manufacturing and industrial clients.
His areas of expertise include:
- Value driven IT Strategy, including application landscape design and IT infrastructure set-up
- IT Governance, Organization and Operating model
- IT cost transformation, including large program implementation
- Digital business model design around customer interaction, supply chain, data analytics and digital services
- Digital operating model design, including digital governance & organization, operating model and architecture
Some of his recent client assignments include:
- Cross European IT strategy for a tier-1 German utility group
- Process optimization and IT application landscape re-design with focus on fuel management for a large group of 14 fossil power plants
- Foundation and design of the billing and IT service center for a top-tier utility in Germany
- Digital business model design for an 8 KU in Germany
- Digital health check for various companies across industries
Recent publication: Strategic IT-Management: Increase value, control performance, reduce costs. Vieweg, 3rd Edition.
Before Strategy&, he worked 10 years in the industry in various IT-related positions: for Thyssen Stahl as software developer and SAP project leader, for E-Plus as SAP department leader and for Thyssen Schachtbau as the CIO.
Marcus Eul holds a master's degree in business administration and a PhD in computer science, both from the University of Cologne.