Marc has generated sustainable results in leading large global organizations through strategic and operational transformation. Examples include:
- Leading multi-functional, global organizations ranging in size from $4 billion to $7.5 billion in sales
- Leading three major integrations involving a hostile takeover, a global division carve-out, and a full business absorption. He also has experience with regional acquisitions, divestitures, and a spin-off analysis.
- Developing key growth enablers to drive growth at a large consumer healthcare company. This involved developing cogent strategic plans aligned throughout the organization, focused annual business plans/objectives, proprietary innovation processes yielding record levels of innovation, and in-depth and transparent performance appraisal and succession planning processes.
- Developing a five-year strategic plan at a $4 billion division that served as a basis for growth. The plan was fully integrated throughout the organization and was instrumental in sales growth outpacing market growth in four out of five years.
- Leading development of capabilities at a large healthcare company that led to significant enhancements in global regulatory expertise, improved sales force ratings (rated #1 in US), highest copy test scores in the industry, record new product freshness index, and a decreased new product development launch cycle from 39 to 24 months.
- Leading the rollout of SAP throughout Western Europe for the consumer and pharmaceutical divisions of Warner Lambert
Prior to joining Strategy&, Marc was a Company Group Chairman at Johnson & Johnson in the Consumer Group. Prior to that, he was the Global President of the Consumer Health Division at Pfizer. Before Pfizer, Marc was the Regional President of Australia/New Zealand for Warner Lambert, where he managed the consumer and pharmaceutical businesses. Marc’s key focus at all companies involved the development and implementation of division-wide strategies and capabilities that led to record growth.
Marc holds an M.B.A. in Marketing from the University of Michigan Business School (Ross) and a B.A. in Economics from the University of Michigan.
Marc lives in NJ with his wife and two sons. Outside of the office, Marc enjoys working on two for-profit boards and two non-profit boards, traveling, and playing golf.