Kevin is based in PwC’s San Francisco office and leads PwC’s Innovation and Development consulting practice in the U.S. As both a consultant and a practitioner, Kevin has over 20 years of experience in driving enterprise-wide innovation and enabling growth through new products, services and business model innovations. Kevin brings a hands-on perspective from his work leading major transformations at both the strategic and operational levels with companies in a wide range of industries.
Kevin works across a wide range of industries, including consumer electronics, software, industrial products, computers and networking equipment, consumer packaged goods, apparel and footwear, alternative energy, aerospace, and medical devices.
Mr. Schwartz’s key areas of expertise are:
- At a $5B marquee consumer products company, Kevin led an initiative to dramatically improve the corporate approach to growth planning and new product development. The project resulted in realignment of the company’s product strategies across brands and drove a doubling of the company’s annual growth rate from new products in less than two years.
- At a wireless handset company with a strong niche position with service providers but declining market share, Kevin led an in-depth strategic planning and product road mapping effort to set the company up for renewed market share growth. In an 8-week “sprint”, Kevin facilitated a cross-functional team of client executives in developing a comprehensive strategy for the company’s new product roadmap. The project produced a revitalized 18-month product pipeline that drove a major jump in the company’s competitive position with its two largest customers.
- At a marquee sporting goods company, Kevin led the executive team in defining a corporate growth strategy and execution plan to revitalize slipping profit margins. As part of this growth strategy, he helped this traditionally hard goods-oriented company to implement an online service and consumer electronics business model that created a broad new revenue stream.
- For a leading U.S. financial services company, Kevin led a focused market assessment and business case development project for a new service offering. His small PRTM team served as a virtual “concept team” for the client, rapidly defining the market dynamics, opportunity size, and a recommended market entry path.
- Working across the U.S., Asia, and Australia, Kevin helped another global client to reevaluate and improve its product delivery process. The new delivery process improved profit margins by reducing late new product introductions that had plagued 30% of the company’s product lines.
- For the software products division of a leading Japanese conglomerate, Kevin facilitated a strategy exercise that realigned the division’s core strategic vision from proprietary platforms to open systems applications, creating the foundation for long-term revenue growth.
Kevin is an honors graduate of Cornell University with a BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering. He has an MS Degree in Systems Engineering from the University of Pennsylvania and an MBA from the Haas School of Business at UC Berkeley. Kevin also holds a New Product Development Professional (NPDP) certification from the PDMA and is a graduate of General Electric’s Edison Leadership Training Program, where he received an award for engineering excellence.