John Jullens is a thought leader on China for Strategy&, PwC's strategy consulting group. Based in Detroit, he is a principal with PwC U.S. He has more than 20 years of management consulting and industry experience in North America, Europe, and Asia.
He has advised numerous multinational and local Chinese companies on a wide range of strategic challenges, including market entry into China as well as international expansion out of China and how to achieve top-line growth through organic and inorganic mean.
Selected relevant experience includes:
- Low-cost car market entry strategy for a leading U.S. automaker in China
- China growth strategy and operations blueprint for a domestic automaker which had recently acquired a European luxury brand
- Internationalization strategy for a Chinese automaker
- China aftermarket growth strategy for a leading U.S. automotive supplier
- Sino-foreign partnership portfolio optimization strategy for a tier 1 automotive supplier
- China growth strategy for a leading international rental car company
- China market entry strategy for a European manufacturer of agricultural equipment
- China growth strategy for a U.S. manufacturer of construction equipment
- China factory optimization and regional capacity expansion strategy for a European manufacturer of mining equipment
- Global relationship marketing strategy for a U.S. automaker
- Brand repositioning strategy for a major European commercial vehicles manufacturer
- Assessment of a Japanese automaker’s marketing capabilities, processes, and organization
- Alternative future fuel and powertrain strategy for a Japanese automaker
- Evaluation of a major automakers’ alternative powertrain strategies in North America, Western Europe and Japan for a leading oil company
- Global fleet management optimization strategy for a major express delivery company
- Global brand architecture for a European manufacturer of consumer electronics
- Brand portfolio and architecture strategy for a European medical equipment manufacturer’s acquisition of a major Chinese competitor
- Chinese distribution strategy for a leading beverage producer
Mr. Jullens writes a monthly column for strategy+business magazine. In addition, he is a regular contributor to numerous leading business publications, including CEIBS Business Review, China Daily, the Financial Times, Forbes, Harvard Business Review, and the Wall Street Journal.
Mr. Jullens earned an MBA at Nyenrode University and received a BS in Marketing/International Business from New York University. He is fluent in Dutch, English, and German.