Dr. Jörg Sandrock is an advisor to executives in the financial services industry for Strategy&, PwC’s strategy consulting business. He leads PwC’s digital platform for financial services in Germany and has depth across multiple sectors of Financial Services including retail bank, captives, and service providers.
He has deep expertise in Digitization including:
- Digital strategy and transformation, digital ecosystem, FinTech strategy and open banking
- Digital operating model , carve-outs, corporate transactions: pre-merger concepts, post-merger integration
- Operational excellence: operating model design, outsourcing, optimization/Fit for Growth - Strategy&’s proven way forward for companies to cut costs and grow stronger
- Optimization of IT infrastructure: data center design, organization, governance
- Next generation IT: core banking systems, digitization
Some of his recent client assignments include:
- SME digitalization strategy for a large banking group
- Internationalization strategy for leading global payment FinTech
- New digital bank / open banking as greenfield for large global bank
- Digitalization target picture (products, channels, clients, operating model), CDO, application factory, operating model for an international bank
- Digital target operating model for an international bank
- New data center for a large banking group, IT carve-out, site consolidation, IT Outsourcing for a large bank
Recent publications include a European study on PSD2, role of the CDO, two-speed IT and open banking.
He joined Strategy& in 2006 as an Associate. Prior to that, he held positions at Deutsche Bank and the University of Karlsruhe.
He earned both his master’s degree in business engineering and his PhD in business administration from the University of Karlsruhe.