Jim Adams is a Los Angeles-based Principal with Strategy&, PwC’s strategy consulting business, and with PwC US. He is a member of the firm’s Engineered Products and Services (EPS) team specializing in engineering effectiveness, operations improvement, and large-scale cost transformation (Fit for Growth*) in highly engineered production environments.
Jim has nearly 20 years of experience and considerable expertise in the aerospace and defense industry and has authored several viewpoints on the sector, including Next-generation affordability in aerospace and defense: Transforming capabilities and costs and Managing affordability to avoid the A&D industry death spiral. He has worked with clients in Aerospace and Defense, Energy, high-tech, and other industrials.
His recent client work has included:
- Comprehensive cost transformation of a large-scale aerospace systems integrator
- Led competitiveness agenda and margin Improvement program for an energy infrastructure developer and manufacturer
- Assessed an aerospace company's portfolio and evaluated strategic options to maximize value
- Developed a low-rate production planning process for an aerospace company that operates in a highly complex manufacturing and integration
- Led the transformation and operating model re-design of an industrial company's SG&A functions (Finance, Human Resources, and IT) targeted to improve cost effectiveness
- Led multiple international growth strategies for aerospace and defense companies
Jim joined Strategy& as an associate in 2005. Prior to that, he held positions at Boeing, Toyota Financial Services, Berkeley Space Sciences Laboratory, and served in the U.S. Army.
He earned a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from the University of California, Berkeley, and an M.S. in Engineering and MBA from UCLA.
* Fit for Growth is a registered service mark of PwC Strategy& LLC in the United States.