Jens Niebuhr is an advisor to executives in the telecommunications industry for Strategy&, PwC’s strategy consulting business. He is a Managing Director Strategy& Germany, based in Düsseldorf. He specializes in IT strategy and organization, finance, and performance management, primarily for the telecom clients.
From his office in Düsseldorf, he contributes to a broad range of projects, including:
- Developing an IT strategy for a telecom network operator, including defining a process and IT target architecture and new IT governance and organization
- Developing an IT strategy for a large incumbent, which focuses on extracting value from fixed mobile convergence business strategies
- Evaluating sourcing strategies and suppliers for application services for a national mobile operator, including operating model definition and process optimization
- Leading the pre- and post-merger integration (PMI) for a leading telecom provider, including process and IT landscape analyses; development of target structures and architectures and corresponding migration strategies; and definition of a detailed PMI roadmap, including “day one” change programs
- Optimizing processes and IT for the business sales division of a leading international telecom player
- Blueprinting business processes for the online customer care channel of an incumbent telecom operator
- Leading the pre- and post-merger integration for a leading mass market telecom provider
Prior to joining Strategy&, Jens Niebuhr was a software engineer at IBM and a management consultant at Mummert AG.