Jason Palmenberg is a Principal based in Houston, TX with Strategy&’s Operations practice. His areas of focus include strategy-based transformation programs and capital asset optimization for companies across the energy sector. He also serves as the head of our Enterprise-wide Operations Excellence service offering for North America.
Jason is an expert in:
- Determining a company’s competitive strategy and aligning the capital assets, organization, and supporting processes to deliver on the strategy
- Transformation programs for capital intensive industries
- Value enhancement programs for specific operating assets and business units such as oil/gas fields, power plants, mines, refineries, and pipeline systems.
- Unconventional oil/gas field exploration, development, and production methods
- Fit for Growth* -- Strategy&’s proven way forward for companies to cut costs and grow stronger
- Application of lean manufacturing and Six-Sigma methodologies
- Continuous improvement program design
Some of Jason’s recent client assignments include:
- Moving an E&P company from a diversified conventional oil/gas developer to a focused strategy on unconventional assets
- Assisting a mining company in identifying and realizing EBITDA improvements
- Helping a mid-stream company create an operations shared-service organization as part of a post-merger integration plan
- Identifying free cash flow improvements for an oilfield services company’s completions business unit and helping the company to design and implement an improvement program to capture the opportunities
- Aiding a power generation company drive improved non-fuel cost performance across its generation fleet
Before joining Strategy&, Jason spent five years as an engineer with Siemens Energy. He is a frequent speaker and writer on the issues surrounding capital asset management practices, oil/gas field development, and the mining industry.
He has an MBA from The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania and a BS in Mechanical Engineering Technology from Texas A&M University.
* Fit for Growth is a registered service mark of PwC Strategy& LLC in the United States.