Jan Bakker is a leading practitioner in capabilities-driven strategy for Strategy&, PwC’s strategy consulting business. He is a Managing Director Strategy& Germany, based in Munich. As a member of our Engineered Products and Services practice, he focuses primarily on global automotive, industrial, and private equity clients.
Jan Bakker joined Strategy& in 2002. He is a Partner based in our Munich office. As a member of our Engineered Products and Services practice, he focuses primarily on global automotive, industrial, and private equity clients.
Jan Bakker specializes in:
- Capabilities-Driven Strategy
- Growth, efficiency and turnaround programs
- Sales, marketing and aftersales effectiveness and efficiency
- Channel management
- Strategic business transformation
- Organizational restructuring and development
- Pre- and post-merger advisory
- Commercial due diligences
Some of his recent client assignments include:
- Capabilities-driven growth strategy for an international conglomerate
- Portfolio and diversification strategy for a family-owned industrial group
- Efficiency and turnaround program for a major European tier-1 automotive supplier
- Organizational restructuring in sales, marketing, and aftersales for an automotive OEM
- Market entry strategies in growth markets for automotive and construction equipment OEMs
- Automotive dealer network efficiency programs
- Post-merger integration of two automotive finance companies
- Multiple market assessments and commercial due diligences for automotive OEMs, suppliers, aftermarket/service companies as well as automotive finance
- Design of Sales and Marketing effectiveness processes
- Trend assessment on the future of mobility
His recent publications include, among others, the Strategy& perspective "Unlocking the value of digitization in automotive sales and distribution".
Jan Bakker holds a diploma degree in business administration from the European Business School in Oestrich-Winkel, Germany and an MBA from the Katz Graduate School of Management at the University of Pittsburgh.