Jack Topdjian is an advisor to executives in the Healthcare industry for Strategy&, PwC’s strategy consulting business. Based in New York, he is a Principal with PwC US. He leads the healthcare technology and operations consulting service areas and co-leads its health plan offerings. He has over 20 years’ experience across multiple competencies, including strategic planning, mergers and acquisitions, change/turnaround management, and technology implementation.
His areas of expertise in the healthcare sector include:
- Full lifecycle (strategy to implementation) transformation programs
- Operations and clinical cost improvement
- New business model and complex solution design across health plan, provider, and life sciences
His recent engagements include:
- Assisting several healthcare organizations (health plan, PBM, and providers) in developing IT strategies, including platform consolidation, capability road-mapping, and IT effectiveness
- Developing a business case for an investment portfolio for one of the largest insurance companies
- Developing a clinical and informatics strategy, including the identification of the information needs, understanding industry best practices, and assessment of the capabilities across clinical intervention functions, as well as arriving at the optimal clinical management/informatics strategy and capabilities road map to optimize the clinical value across operating and medical spends
- Led the redesign and reengineering of the administrative and financial processes and systems for a leading healthcare organization
- Assisted several Blue plans in developing low cost strategies, including consolidation, IT, and business sourcing, and new business operating model
- Led delivery partner sourcing and set up the governance, program management process, and delivery structure for a portfolio of strategic projects
Jack is the author and contributor to numerous articles and white papers dealing with the challenges of the US healthcare cost and quality, including “Unlocking Value in Healthcare: Transformation through Collaboration” and the strategy+business article “Transforming Healthcare Delivery”.
Jack joined Strategy& from Deloitte, where he was a leading specialist in large scale enterprise transformation and systems implementation, focusing on health care solutions. While with Deloitte, Jack was in the leadership group of several healthcare technology practices, including core systems (claims, billing, membership, etc.), medical management, ICD10/5010, and healthcare reform. He was also Vice President of the Trizetto Group, a large technology provider to the health plan segment and held several executive positions with healthcare-focused venture capital and financial services organizations.
He earned his Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering and Operations Research at the University of Beirut and his Master of Science degree in Industrial and Management Engineering at the University of Pittsburgh. He is fluent in English, French, Armenian, and Arabic.
In his spare time, Jack is a member of CERT (Community Emergency Response Team), the civilian branch of FEMA. As such he spends several week-ends a year being trained on esoteric skills that include disaster management, shelter operations, search and rescue, fire control, chemical and radiological response support and traffic/crowd control. Jack hopes that he will never use these skills!