Ivan de Souza is the Global Thought Leadership leader for PwC’s Strategy&. He heads the global editorial, knowledge management, marketing and campaign teams responsible for supporting development and communication of leading ideas to our clients and the world. Mr. de Souza is a member of PwC's Global Consulting Leadership Team and Asia-Pacific and Americas Leadership Team.
Mr. de Souza is based in São Paulo, Brazil, and formerly led the South America business and the Global Markets geographic unit (Australia, China, India, Japan, Latin America and Southeast Asia) for Booz & Company and the Global Clients and Markets function for Strategy&.
With over 25 years of experience, Mr. de Souza specialized in helping clients develop organic and inorganic growth strategies and to build differentiated business models to deliver superior results. He focuses on Capabilities-Driven Strategies (CDS) and his experience includes engagements in strategy, innovation, marketing, and organization, particularly for financial institutions, service companies and conglomerates. His client engagements include:
- Vision development and corporate business strategy for leading financial services and local groups in Latin America
- Market assessment and entry strategies in emerging markets for several leading international players
- Strategy and new business development for some of the largest retail banks, cards players and consumer-financing companies in Latin America
- Corporate governance and organization development for companies in various sectors
- Strategic business assessment, due diligence, and valuation in support of different successful bank and cards-related acquisitions
- Support to start-up 3 new companies
- Post-merger integration (PMI) planning and implementation for banks and other institutions
- Strategy-driven transformation and restructuring programs
- Cost transformation in service industries
A recognized thought leader in his field, Mr. de Souza is also the author of the Strategy& study "Setting out to conquer the world: Business model challenges and lessons learned in the internationalization of Latin American companies."
With an MBA from Columbia Business School, Mr. de Souza also has a Cum Laude degree in Business Administration from Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro in Brazil.