Huchu Xu is an advisor to executives in the public sector for Strategy&, PwC's strategy consulting business. Based in Shanghai, he is a Partner with Strategy& and is Managing Director for Greater China. With over 16 years of management consulting experience and 5 years of economic management experience with the government, he has provided consulting services for government entities across multiple levels as well as leading corporations, especially large state-owned enterprises, in multiple fields, including strategy development, brand building, sales and marketing, corporate transformation and operations improvement.
Mr. Xu has developed unique perspectives and methodology on urban and regional planning, organizational restructuring, service outsourcing and reforms of state-owned enterprises. He is also recognized as a leading managing consulting specialist, combining advanced global ideas and practices with deep understanding of Chinese consumer and market dynamics. Mr. Xu has successfully led large projects during his engagement with governments, state-owned enterprises, and companies from the media and automotive sectors.
Mr. Xu has made in-depth studies of China’s macro-economic trends, urban development as well as corporate management and operations. In 2014, Mr. Xu has led the program Emerging Best Practices of Chinese Globalizers: Tackle the Operational Challenges in collaboration with World Economic Forum to explore the challenges faced by Chinese enterprises during the globalization process and conduct in-depth analysis of strategies, best practices and operations models for Chinese globalizers.
Selected project experiences include:
- Development planning of modern commerce and trade city in general development and specific networks, for a major provincial capital in central China
- Mid-to-long term planning, for a well-known tourist city in Northern China
- Planning of development strategy and corporate governance for a State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council in a major city in the Pearl River Delta
- New energy development planning for a noted energy city in East China
- City development master planning and regional integration strategy development for a major city in Northern China
- Planning of city branding and marketing strategies and development of a modern service industry for a region, including a municipality
- Planning of corporate strategy, governance, and branding for the largest newspaper group in China
- Planning of corporate and business development strategies and organizational reform for a major media conglomerate in China
MBA, Manchester Business School
BA in Journalism, Fudan University
Fluency in Chinese and English