He specializes in the oil, gas, and utilities sectors across the value chain. His functional experience includes sector and business strategy, regulatory framework, business cases, due diligence, operating models, operations, and systems.
Most recently, George has led client assignments in:
- The development of an integrated strategy for a Middle Eastern country; work covered oil and gas upstream, downstream, power and utilities, and environmental and socioeconomic impact
- The development of a research and development strategy for a national oil company
- The establishment of a mid-stream gas company in a Middle Eastern country (JV between an IOC and the Ministry of Oil); work included organization design, governance structures, manpower migration, change management, and readiness monitoring to reach Commencement of Operations
- The restructuring of the generation division of a large integrated power utility company into several generation companies. Work included organization design to the lowest level, process redesign, change management, rightsizing, and transition planning
- The definition of a regulatory framework for the district cooling industry, including SWOT analysis, benchmarking, regulatory models, and selection of preferred framework
In addition to his client work, George has authored multiple studies, including Unlocking the potential of district cooling: The need for GCC governments to take action; The future of IPPs in the GCC: New policies for a growing and evolving electricity market; and Lighting Up Economic Cities.
Prior to joining Strategy&, he worked for a subsidiary of IBM as an Information Systems consultant.
George holds a diploma in engineering from the École Polytechnique in France, and a diploma in engineering from the École Nationale Supérieure des Télécommunications in France.