Dr. Deniz Caglar is a leading practitioner in strategic cost transformation for Strategy&, PwC's strategy consulting business. He is a principal with PwC US in the Chicago office. He has deep expertise in organization design, corporate function efficiency and effectiveness, shared services, and outsourcing/offshoring. He primarily focuses on Consumer Packaged Goods and Retail industries and also has extensive experience in Automotive, Healthcare, and Financial Services industries.
Some of Deniz’s recent client assignments include:
- For a Fortune 100 Retailer, led the redesign of the entire store operations organization to deliver a new customer experience strategy
- For a services organization, led the redesign of the corporate operating model and identifying improvement opportunities to generate 20% more EBITDA
- Led the design of the corporate headquarters and shared services for a consumer products company to improve organizational agility and accountability and drive organic growth
- Supported the turnaround for a distressed T1 US automotive supplier, enabling 30% SG&A cost reduction
- For a Healthcare business, assessed internal operational and external revenue opportunities for the BU CEO and identified EBITDA improvement opportunities that would double margins from 4% to 8%
- For a regional retail bank, led the redesign for Strategic Planning, Annual Planning, and Budgeting processes. Defined enterprise level performance metrics and dashboard
Deniz has written viewpoints and articles to advance the firm’s thought leadership. He is the co-author of the strategy+business magazine cover article, "Is Your Company Fit for Growth?" and a co-author of the viewpoint "Value Creation Lessons from Private Equity".
He holds a BS in Industrial Engineering and an MS and PhD in Operations Research, all from Northwestern University.