DeAnne Aguirre is a leading practitioner in people and organization strategies for Strategy&, PwC’s strategy consulting business. Based in San Francisco, she is a Principal with PwC U.S. Ms. Aguirre is one of Strategy&'s foremost organization effectiveness, culture and change leadership specialists. In addition to San Francisco, she has been based in the New York and Sao Paulo, Brazil, offices.
Ms. Aguirre’s key areas of experience are:
- Global Leader Katzenbach Center of Innovation for Culture and Leadership
- Specialist in leadership team effectiveness, culture evolution, sustainable change, talent and operating models
Some recent client work includes:
- Led all people-related change elements of a large-scale, strategic transformation of a pharmacy (prescriptions, health & wellness products, beauty and photo services)
- Led the talent, change management and communications work stream for a national health plan transformation effort to prepare for healthcare reform
- Constructed a new operating model for a large, vertically integrated healthcare system in the United States; deep dive into designing new people capabilities, processes and organization; aligned provider, health plan and labor on the strategic plan
- Served the largest emergency food relief non-profit organization in transforming all parts of its business, from donor acquisition and retention through delivery of long-term, community-based development (including health care, food, water, housing, and education)
An accomplished speaker and writer, Ms. Aguirre has contributed to numerous Strategy& thought leadership pieces, including co-authored research and articles, including:
- Culture and the Chief Executive
- Culture’s Role in Enabling Organizational Change
- The Third Billion
- Global Talent Innovation™
- The Ten Principles of Change Management
Ms. Aguirre served as a member of Booz & Company's Board of Directors and was the Chairperson for the Personnel and Audit Committees of the Board. She has previously served the firm as leader of its Organization and Change Leadership business and as its Chief Human Resources Officer.
Ms. Aguirre holds an MS in business management from Stanford University’s Graduate School of Business and graduated summa cum laude with a BS in mathematics and computer science from Fort Hays State University. She serves on the Stanford Sloan Advisory Board, Catalyst Advisory Board and the WEF Gender Gap Advisory Committee.
An avid sports fan, Ms. Aguirre enthusiastically supports her four daughters' competitive basketball and volleyball teams.