David Ganiear is a leading practitioner in Trade Promotion Excellence (TPE) for Strategy&, PwC's strategy consulting group. Based in Dallas, he is a principal with PwC U.S. Aligned to the Digital Business and Technology practice, he focuses on helping organizations drive significant operating income improvement through the development of world-class TPE capabilities.
His recent client work has included:
- Leading a global program to harmonize TPE capabilities across a dozen countries for a leading consumer package goods (CPG) manufacturer
- Leading an effort to optimize a leading CPG manufacturer’s trade promotion spend, resulting in significant profit improvement
- Leading a project to align an apparel retailer’s brand objectives with its pricing and promotion strategy
David has also published several TPE-related articles and viewpoints, including:
- Kicking the Sales Promotion Habit in strategy+business magazine
- Getting Post-Event Analysis Right
- A Trade ROI Mindset (Consumer Goods Technology)
He developed the Trade Capability Profiler, an innovative tool that allows companies to benchmark their TPE capabilities and estimate potential improvement opportunities.
David has also presented at the Consumer Goods Technology Conference, NACDS (National Association of Chain Drug Stores) Conference, and Demand Better Conference.
Prior to joining Strategy& in 2004 as an associate, he worked for IBM and PricewaterhouseCoopers.
David earned his Bachelor in Electrical Engineering (summa cum laude) from Bucknell University and his MBA from Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Management.