Axel Borowski is an advisor to executives in the Operations Strategy Practice for Strategy&, PwC’s strategy consulting business. He is a Managing Director Strategy& Germany and the Office Head of the Strategy& Office in Stuttgart. He is also the EMEA Leader of the Enterprise Wide Operations Excellence (EWOE) community at Strategy&. He focuses on all operations topics in automotive and the automotive supplier industry for global players, middle-market clients and family owned businesses in Europe and abroad.
His areas of expertise include:
- Strategy-based Global Transformations
- Operations Excellence Programs (Operations Strategy & Footprint, Lean Manufacturing, etc.)
- Definition and implementation of Lean Production Systems and Lean Management Systems
- Enterprise Wide Process Optimizations
Some of his recent client assignments include:
- Global Operations Excellence Program at a global 1st-Tier supplier
- Growth Strategy for a global 1st-Tier supplier
- Footprint Strategy for a family owned automotive 2nd-Tier
- Design and implementation of a Lean Management System in automotive
- Restructuring of 12 European sites for a global 1st-Tier supplier in automotive
- Design and implementation of a Lean Production System at a global automotive supplier
- Developing a turnaround program and massive cost reduction for a leading automotive supplier
Axel Borowski is a mechanical engineer. He holds an MBA in International Business and studied in Cologne, Dresden and London.
Prior to joining Strategy& as a Manager in 2011, he worked for a management consulting firm owned by an OEM and as an engineer in the R&D center of a global 1st tier supplier.