Akshay Jindal is an advisor to executives in the healthcare industry for Strategy&, PwC’s strategy consulting group. Based in Chicago, he is a principal with PwC U.S. He works at the intersection of our Digital Business and Technology (DBT), Operations, and Health teams, where he specializes in helping Health Payor clients become Fit for Growth* in medicare by enabling strategic capabilities while driving out costs.
Akshay specializes in:
- Healthcare payor strategy and enterprise Fit for Growth transformations
- Medicare proactive risk management and Fit for Growth transformations
- Healthcare payor core operations
Some of Akshay’s recent client assignments include:
- Drove enterprise-wide Fit for Growth transformation for a regional payor to strategically invest in key growth capabilities while achieving admin cost reduction of 20% within a year
- Led effort to remediate issues and bring a leading health plan out of CMS sanctions through an end-to-end transformation of the medicare line of business
- Developed an affordable product design strategy for a leading national healthcare plan that had a highly customized product portfolio with pricing that was out of sync with the market
- Led multiple engagements across national and blue plans to drive aggressive efficiency and effectiveness improvements in core operations
In addition to his client work, he has co-authored several articles, including, "Member-centric risk management: A new approach for medicare-based health plans" and "A lean diet for health plans: Establishing a continuous improvement capability" and was recently the keynote speaker at the prestigious TMG Health Client Forum.
Akshay started his career with Strategy& as a summer associate in 2006 before returning in 2007. Prior to that, he worked at Symphony Services.
* Fit for Growth is a registered service mark of PwC Strategy& LLC in the United States.